Stop & Drop Valet
The Stop & Drop program allows children to be dropped off in a controlled area and escorted onto campus. It is staffed entirely by parent volunteers. Please be aware the Program Safety Requirements and guidelines for this program:
• Stay in your car and do not open your car door--a volunteer will help you with that.
• Absolutely no cell phones while in the valet line.
• Do not proceed until you can see space for your vehicle in the valet line and your car is not in the crosswalk.
• Have students prepare their backpacks to quickly exit the car while in the valet line.
• Keep entrance to the parking lot & crosswalk on Hammond Clear!
• Stop at entrance to the valet drop off and do not proceed until a parent volunteer motions you forward.
• Once you have stopped, put your car in park.
• Keep seat belts on and all car doors closed until the valet volunteer opens the door in the drop-off zone.
• We recommend at least 10 shifts per family per year to keep Stop & Drop fully operational. Please contact Mark & Maria Anderson, program coordinators, @ firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to sign up for your volunteer days or use the links below:
PROBLEMS ON HARRATT STREET
Recently, a parent used the teachers’ parking lot entrance to make a three-point-turn, and very nearly struck a child on the sidewalk. Our children’s safety is paramount so please observe some simple common-sense procedures.
The teachers’ parking lot is for teachers only. It is not for parent use, for pick-up or drop-off, or for use as part of your turn. There should be no three-point or U-turns anywhere on Harratt St. If you need to change direction, please take a short trip around the block. The extra few minutes your loop around the block will take is certainly worth the life of one of our children.
In addition, every morning our school bus pulls onto Harratt St. (adjacent to the teachers’ parking lot) to drop off our students. Please do not park in the area reserved for it, indicated by orange cones.
Whenever possible, please use Stop and Drop or park safely in the neighborhood and walk your child onto school grounds!!!